Nak Hair Keratin Smoothing Treatment System (Shampoo, Sealant, Masque)
THE SCIENCE OF NAK HAIR KERATIN SMOOTHING
NAK Hair Keratin Smoothing features safe Keratin actives that are formaldehyde free.
Offering smoothing performance, that won’t stress hair fabric.
Creating gentle demi-permanent texture change lasting up to 12 weeks.
ADVANCED SMOOTHING ACTIVES
GLYCOLIC ACID AND CARBOCYSTEINE
Gently re-position the disulphide bonds, creating a subtle relaxation
of natural hair shape texture and curl pattern.
NANO KERATIN PARTICLES
Carry the smoothing actives, into the deepest part of the cortex.
Filling up the spaces between the re-positioned disulphide bonds.
Are temporarily sealed and pressed inside the hair layers
resulting in a smooth and sleek frizz free texture change.
THINGS TO CONSIDER PRIOR TO SMOOTHING
• A strand test is an essential step when hair tolerance is unknown
• Consider hair texture, strength, porosity, elasticity and condition
• Consider chemical history and accumulation of breakage or damage
• Re-establish strength in damaged hair with a keratin light service
• Reduce the temperature and passes when ironing fragile hair
• Use extra care when smoothing & ironing pre-lightened blonde hair
• Please follow guidelines & recommendations for smoothing longevity
• Please refer to our NAK smoothing instructional video
PERFECTING SMOOTHING RESULTS
• Ensure the hair is thoroughly clean - prior to smoothing
• Take fine half centimetre sections – beginning from the nape to the crown
• Apply smoothing sealant thoroughly - do not over saturate the hair
• Do not apply sealant to the scalp or root area – keep 1cm away
• Upon completing smoothing application – re-apply sealant to dry areas
• Add heat to the hair – rollerball or dryer – do not use a steamer
• If required, extend processing time – on coarse hair textures - up to 15 min
• If required, extend processing time – on afro caribbean tight curl up to 30 min
• When extending processing time – more product may be required
• Stretch hair during blow-drying – using a ceramic round brush
• Hair should be touch dry – do not over dry
• Iron each section carefully – using correct temperature and passes
• Begin ironing at the root area – with super quick light passes
• Finish ironing from roots to ends – smoothing each section straight